Friday 3 February 2012

BeautyUK Review - Cafe Culture No.63 Nail Polish

Hello lovelies

Today I have the second of three reviews and swatches of some Beauty UK polishes that were kindly sent to me by Beauty UK. Beauty UK are a family run business that sell cosmetics and nail polishes which are available to purchase from their online store www.beautyukcosmetics.co.uk (where they also ship internationally) and they are also available in Superdrug stores. The polishes retail at £1.99 each for a 9ml bottle.

Please see my previous post for my review of "Urban Jungle" nail polish.

The second polish I tried out was Beauty UK Glam Nails "Cafe Culture No.63". Had I saw this colour in the shop I most certainly would not have purchased it due to the subtle shimmer peeping through the bottle - I am not a huge fan of shimmers and that being the only reason. However, I decided to give this the chance of adorning my nails for the day and much to my surprise it was another winner for me! The polish is a pretty pale peachy beige creme with extremely subtle iridescent shimmer of blue (gives an opal effect).

As per my previous review the bottle size is 9ml and so the brush understandably is fairly small to work with but I managed ok. The formula was good and the first layer applied quite fair and so with the second layer I decided to apply a heavier coat to achieve full opacity.

Overall I I have been won over with this polish as originally I disliked it in the bottle but on my nails I love it. I haven't been able to stop looking at my nails. This is probably the closest nude beige colour I have to my skintone in my stash and I am such a big fan of neutral shades so it's definitely a keeper! The shimmer is so subtle but looks beautiful in the sunlight whereas out of the sun the polish just looks like a plain creme finish.

What do you think? x

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks very sophisticated! I am with you, I would buy it having seen it on your nails rather than in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, it kind of has a peachy tone to it.
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Helen it does! I like that about it a lot. X

    ReplyDelete